Sunday, August 16, 2009

Throw Away Pot


A Throw Away Coffee Pot


Most of you know I am rather challenged with a cancer situation that is trying to eat me alive...but little does the cancer know I am winning... thanks to many of your prayers and good wishes.


In the meantime, more than you care to know about almost any subject begins here. We are staying in a one bedroom condo on the Santa Barbara coast with cool sea breezes, the ocean to murmur us to sleep at night and, like all furnished quarters, lots of defective things about.


The tradition four cup coffee pot, designed and ever improved some 30 years ago was my first objection as I do insist on a good cup of coffee.


We were telling my sister Kim about this and that we had not fond a place within 15 miles to buy a coffee pot so she said she would send us a throw away pot.


It arrived at the clinic where I am taking treatments. I would not say it was exactly a throw away pot as it took two UPS drivers to get it up to the second floor of clinic after which we had to hire a taxi driver to haul it down and help us carry it into the condo. We keep hoping she did have to mortgage something to finance the pot.


I don't want to say this pot is LARGE but is BIG. We have negotiated a deal with a neighbor here to let us leave it on his patio at night so we have room to open the dishwasher, the fridge and things like that.


I have been thinking I could rent his patio and maybe open a little al fresco coffee shop with a couple of umbrellas, you know the type that are too hot to sit under if you are Texas but are perfect in Santa Barabara or Paris.


At any rate, it makes the best darned coffee you ever tasted but, following their instruction requires us to use about a half pound of cofffee a day, nevertheless it is really good coffee and does not suffer from all the excitotoxins that come automatically from those places like Star Bucks where they add triple chemical zingers to plain coffee in order to make your eyeballs pop like baby giant firecrackers.


Kim has always been too generous to a fault and has the most open hand and heart one ever heard of.... she has always been far too good to me.


Just so you don't think this is all a picnic, I can hardly type this for the cramps that have plagued me for hours.... but not to worry, I am winning and it is losing.
Photo Credit. Quick throw away shot of Terry and Sky Williams with her attempt to do a painting of the Spring Maiden...... a painting of many tales and, after many trials, created especially for Ann K.

No comments:

Post a Comment